Posts Tagged ‘lists of things to do before you turn 40’
I’m 39 today.
I think I feel okay about that.
Somedays I feel every one of those years
and other days I still feel sixteen.
I wrote before about my fear – less year
and my want to do 40 things before I turn 40.
I plan on working my way through it over the next twelve months and hopefully blog some of it too.
Setting these challenges is kind of like a birthday gift from myself.
A happy birthday to me, if you like.
So, here it is, in no particular order:
(thanks to many of you who helped me with suggestions)
40 things I want to do before I turn 40
* Go to a ballet for adults class.
* Learn how to and make pickles.
* Get back into pre Ivy and Noah jeans – size 14.
* Write and illustrate a children’s book.
* Go hot air ballooning.
* Cook cover to cover from a cooking magazine, over one month.
* Wear more skirts and dresses (this was Ivy’s suggestion).
* Take a once in a lifetime trip.
* Grow a veggie garden (those who know me will attest that this will be a very big challenge. I have black thumbs).
* Learn how to and make a quilt.
* Go strawberry picking.
* Have 12 hours of good sleep.
* Walk along the beach on my own on a Winter’s day.
* Go ice skating with the kids.
* Go on an aeroplane by myself.
* 40 random acts of kindness in one day.
* Buy a bunch of flowers once a month.
* Try to wear a little bit of make up each day (I’m woeful at this).
* Go back to scrapbooking – finish Ivy and Noah’s birth box.
* Climb the Harbour Bridge.
* Read a whole book – one a month for a year.
* Write a personal letter to Dave and each of the kids and surprise them.
* Walk daily.
* Go to a cooking class with a friend.
* Photograph the sunrise and sunset of my 39th and 40th birthdays.
* Bake a rainbow cake.
* Go out with Dave more.
* Have some of my photos on display in an exhibition.
* Go on a date with each of the kids separately.
* Climb a tree.
* Try a custard apple.
* Knit a scarf.
* Try a completely different hair style and colour and keep in for at least a month.
* Verbalise one positive thing about me (just to myself) each day. (oi, that will be hard).
* Eat vegetarian for a week.
* Dress the whole family up formally and go out to dinner in a not so fancy restaurant – Fancy Nancy style.
* Spend a day volunteering somewhere with the older kids. (37)
* Tell the people who mean the most to me that I love them more often.
* Buy something for myself that makes me feel beautiful, every time I wear it.
* Re open blue hippo photography.
For today though, I am going on a little shopping spree and maybe have my hair done, with my beautiful family.
I may even eat cake.