1. It’s her 14th birthday today. (Happy birthday beautiful).
2. Born on a Friday, under a full moon – she was first on the list of caesareans for the day and was my most gentle of births.
3. On exiting theatres her crib ran over the midwife’s toe, breaking it – she was only 4kg.
4. She was the only girl in a sea of boys born over the three day period we were in the hospital.
5. She set the nursery on fire – she was under a warmer because she couldn’t keep her temperature up and an electrical fault in the wiring caused a fire to start in the walls.
Needless to say we were evacuated.
6. She was born with a full head of hair that stuck straight out and didn’t sit down until she was 8 months old.
It was the cutest thing.
7. First song learnt: Old MacDonald Had A Farm (ee-i-ee-i-oh)
8. At 14, she loves One Direction and harbours a (very) strong desire to meet them.
9. She is very artistic.
10. Is obsessed with stationary (that’s my girl)
11. Loves Vans shoes and skateboards.
12. Favourite thing about herself: the colour of her eyes.
13. Loves ice cream and chocolate (that’s my girl).
14. Is a great big sister.
One of the best things I ever played a part in creating.
Happy, happy birthday Lily.
Love you to the moon and back.
You deserve glitter and sunshine
on your birthday.
It’s what you brought to my life
the day you were handed to me -
Glitter and sunshine
is a gift.
It’s what you are to me
with your freckles
and half smile
and your free spirit.
I love that you remind me of
and my Mum
You are my gift.
but especially today -
you are thirteen.
I wish you glitter and sunshine, my girl.
Happy Birthday to you.
I think I’m going to go backwards.
Just for today.
This is my gorgeous Lily on the night of her Year Six farewell.
She looked stunning and heartbreakingly beautiful
and I want to share that with you.
I wasn’t able to fully appreciate her at the time
because Ivy was ill and ended up in the hospital
but I’ve spent many days since looking through the photos.
This is my favourite:
and this one breaks my heart:
I was worried and my eyes and smile are not relaxed
well she was so sad because she wanted me to come with her to the farewell but she knew that I felt so torn as well.
We were both trying to put on our brave faces.
I never realised until now
that we both hold our mouths in exactly the same way when we are under stress.
In less than three weeks, she will be starting High School, her hair has been cut into a dense fringe
and she is already changing
moving forward into that next stage.
My sweet middle girl.
This is part of a brand new photo meme over at Kim’s.
See more amazing photos over there.